"Then Joshua turned back at that time, and captured Hazor and struck its king with the sword; for Hazor formerly was the head of all these kingdoms." - Joshua 11:10 (NASB)

During the summer of 1993 I spent six weeks in the small country of Israel. Five of those six weeks were spent digging in the dirt at Tel Hazor in Northern Galilee. This is my story.


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Keeping Track of Rolls | Tel Hazor 1993

Yes, I know that I've been terribly slacking with updating this blog. You would think that it would be easy since I already have all of the content. Seems there are always other things that distract me and take my time.

Anyway, since I haven't posted in a while I thought that I would share a bit about the photography aspect of the trip. I took several rolls of film with me and  shot over 20 rolls total. That's not really a lot of photographs, but it seemed that way since it was film. Today I would shoot many more using digital.

Knowing that I would be taking many rolls worth of photographs I wanted to make sure that I had a way to keep track of them. This was done in two ways. I used a log sheet to record the subject matter of the photos I was taking. This way I didn't have to rely on my memory to know where the photo was taken.

Secondly, I used the first frame of each roll to shoot a roll ID. Most of the time this was just a piece of paper (my log sheets) with the number of the roll written on it. At other times I was a little bit more creative, or so I think. It wasn't always convenient to write on a piece of paper. I also enlisted the help of some of the other group members at times.

This image shows the more creative of my roll numbers.


Hopefully soon I'll add more of real content. Sorry for the delays.

No comments:

Post a Comment